MERCAZ-Canada is the Conservative Movement's "voice in Israel." We represent the views and voices of the Canadian Conservative Jewish community in the World Zionist Organization (WZO) through our affiliation with MERCAZ and Masorti Olami.
Who we are - MERCAZ-Canada
MERCAZ Canada is a full Canadian organization with representation from coast to coast.
President - Stan Greenspan, Toronto
Vice President - Nola Lazar, Winnipeg
Secretary - David Roytenberg, Ottawa
Treasurer - Rick Wronzberg, Toronto
Immediate Past President - David Sefton, Toronto
Executive Director - Rabbi Sean Gorman, firstname.lastname@example.org, (extension 102)
Office Administrator - Beverlee Swayze, email@example.com, (extension 101)
55 Yeomans Road, Toronto, ON M3H 3J7
(416) 667-1717 or (866) 357-3384
MERCAZ-Canada Mission Statement
MERCAZ-Canada and Canadian Foundation for Masorti Judaism work in cooperation to foster and strengthen Masorti/Conservative Judaism in Israel, based on the ideals of tradition and tolerance, study and spirituality, and social action and love of Israel. Affiliated with MERCAZ Olami, MERCAZ-CANADA is the Zionist voice of Masorti/Conservative Judaism in Canada.
MERCAZ-Canada Mission Statement
MERCAZ-Canada provides educational programming (lectures and seminars) about the Masorti/Conservative Movement in Israel and dissemination of news and information about the Masorti/Conservative Movement in Israel and the world, and represents the interests of Masorti/Conservative Judaism in the World Zionist Organization (WZO), the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) and the Canadian Zionist Federation (CZF).
Our objectives are:
To promote and support education and programs about Israeli Masorti/Conservative Judaism in Canada
To foster the development of Masorti/Conservative Judaism in Israel
To reaffirm commitment to pluralism in Jewish religious life, ensuring Masorti/Conservative Jews feel free to practice Judaism equally with other denominations.
Providing support through scholarships to youth and young adults for Masorti/Conservative educational trips to Israel.
Lorie Abernethy, Calgary, AB
Barry Barnes, Thornhill, ON
Rabbi David Bluman, Vancouver, BC
Fran Caine, Toronto, ON
Marilyn Cohen, Toronto, ON
Arie Frolich, Toronto, ON
Rabbi Frydman-Kohl, Toronto, ON
Rabbi Philip Gibbs, Vancouver, BC
Devorah Gillard, Halifax, NS
Allen Gottesman, Vaughan, ON
Rabbi Jennifer Gorman, Toronto, ON
Kyla Hershoran, Innisfil, ON
Ron Hoffman, Toronto, ON
Barbara Kingstone, Toronto, ON
Fred Litwin, Ottawa, ON
Max Marmer, Thornhill, ON
Bruce Martin, Toronto, ON
Marion Mayman, Toronto, ON
George Nadas, Toronto, ON
Rabbi Kliel Rose, Winnipeg, MB
Jeff Rothberg, Vancouver, BC
Trudy Sassoon, Thornhill, ON
Rabbi Philip Scheim, Toronto, ON
Randy Schwartz, Winnipeg, MB
Rabbi David Seed, Toronto, ON
Judy Silver, London, ON
Don Smith, Toronto, ON
Howard Sniderman, Edmonton, AB
Allan Snow, Toronto, ON
Norm Spatz, Montreal, QC
Norman Wolter, Toronto, ON
Charles Wrock, Innisfil, ON
Rick Wronzberg, Toronto, ON
Michael Zeldin, Toronto, ON
David Zer Aviv, Halifax, NS
Ted Zittell, Toronto, ON
The Jerusalem Program
Affiliation with MERCAZ-Canada implies acceptance of the Jerusalem Program, set forth by the World Zionist Congress of the World Zionist Organization.
The Jerusalem program affirms:
- The unity of the Jewish people, its bond to its historic homeland, Eretz Yisrael, and the centrality of the State of Israel and Jerusalem, its capital, in the life of the nation
- Aliyah to Israel from all countries and the effective integration of all immigrants into Israeli society
- Strengthening Israel as a Jewish, Zionist and democratic state, and shaping it as an exemplary society with a unique moral and spiritual character, marked by mutual respect for the multi-faceted Jewish people rooted in the vision of the prophets, striving for peace and contributing to the betterment of the world
- Ensuring the future and the distinctiveness of the Jewish People by furthering Jewish, Hebrew and Zionist education, fostering spiritual and cultural values and teaching Hebrew as the national language
- Nurturing mutual Jewish responsibility, defending the rights of Jews as individuals and as a nation, representing the national Zionist interests of the Jewish people, and struggling against all manifestations of anti-Semitism
- Settling the country as an expression of practical Zionism.
Join MERCAZ-Canada today!
MERCAZ Canada and Canadian Foundation for Masorti Judaism respect the privacy of our members and donors. We work together to support our movement in Israel and provide Masorti/Conservative, Zionist, and Israel education in Canada. We collect information to keep members and donors informed about Masorti and Israel news, process memberships and donations, and disseminate information about the Masorti/Conservative Movement and religious pluralism in Israel. You may unsubscribe at any time.MERCAZ member contact information is used to register our members to vote every five years at the World Zionist Congress.MERCAZ Canada and Canadian Foundation for Masorti Judaism does not retain personal financial information. We will never share or sell your information. You may unsubscribe from emails at any time.
For more information, contact our Privacy Officer, Rabbi Jennifer Gorman, firstname.lastname@example.org.